National Novel Writing Month is nothing else if not a learning experience. I’m five days in on a dramatic pace that I’ve never achieved before. I hope I don’t jinx myself by saying that. Week Two always has a slow-down. You start to lose your mojo – or at least a lot of writers do, myself included.
But so far, so good!
- I’m writing a romance – something notoriously difficult for me – but I’m liking what’s happening so far
- For now I have silenced my inner critic with chocolate, so I’m not second-guessing everything I write
- My outline is detailed enough that I have a plan, but not so detailed that I feel restricted
- I’m making NaNo Time a priority
The newest thing though is I’m keeping a NaNo Diary that runs parallel to the story itself. The Diary details my progress, thoughts on the process, and observations about things I might need to go back and change in second draft…but NOT RIGHT NOW.
Editing comes later. Writing is NOW.
- NaNoWriMo (elizabethgrey.wordpress.com)
- Join in the Fun of National Novel Writing Month and Write Your Novel! (judyteel.com)
- NaNoWriMo2011 – Day 4 (thetaskmistress.me)
- How I Wrote It: Erin Morgenstern + NaNoWriMo = “The Night Circus” (omnivoracious.com)